GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
December 1, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, December 1, 2015 in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Chief Nathan DeRemer, Sheriff Mark Lusk, Marvin Willets, Sharon Fisher, Ron Fisher, Jr. and Dan Hunter
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Chief Nathan DeRemer as well as Sheriff Mark Lusk outlined the types of services the citizens of Piatt Township could expect from contracting with the Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department. The contract would run year to year and the Township could choose between two options:
- Pay $41,000 and the Township would receive 50% of the money generated by fines
- Pay $46,000 and the Township would receive 100% of the money generated by fines
All the residents in attendance provided testimony and expressed support for contracting with the Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department. The Supervisors expressed their gratitude to Chief DeRemer and Sheriff Lusk and discussed various possibilities of funding the service but made no decision.
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None
Minutes – Denny moved to approve the November 10 General Business Meeting minutes, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- Penn Dot requested comments regarding a bridge replacement project and proposed detour involving Level Corner, Lime Kiln and Youngs Road. The project is tentatively scheduled for 2018. The Supervisors requested Shelly to inquire on the expected length of time for the replacement; PennDot’s response will influence their decision and comments regarding the proposed detour.
- The 2015 road project completed by Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. on Devils Elbow Road is not acceptable. The approach on and off needs corrected. Don Free has been consulted and agrees. Since the invoice has been paid, are only alternative is to approach Hawbakers’ regarding the problem and negotiate an amicable solution.
- Discussed drainage concerns along both sides of Devils Elbow Road. Removable catch basins have been installed along one side but the effectiveness is still in unknown.
- Purchased new cutting edges for both Fords.
- We have purchased the minimum required (60%) to fulfill our salt contract.
- The Ford has been adjusted to puts less cinders down.
- The Skid Steer needs fixed. Marco is contacting both Columbia Crossroads & Larry DeReamer for their hourly rate before deciding who will receive the business.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Reviewed a letter from Kurt Schmitt, Lycoming County Zoning Administrator regarding concerns at 75 Level Corner Road. There are no apparent Zoning issues. Primarily it appears to be a property maintenance issue, which is beyond the scope of the Zoning Ordinance. In order to enforce property maintenance, the Township would need to adopt a Property Maintenance Code
EMC & Fire – Nothing new to report.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Since Dean was not in attendance at the November, the Supervisors again reviewed the written follow-up, provided by the Township Solicitor Denise Dieter, in regards to the status of Piatt Township’s adoption of a Stormwater Ordinance. No formal action or decision was taken.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
2016 Budget – Dean moved to approve the 2016 Budget as presented, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Correspondence File – Nothing new to report.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills on the Bill List, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Scott moved to adjourn, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis