GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
September 6, 2016
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Denny Buttorff and Chief Nathan DeRemer
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the August 9 General Business Meeting minutes, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Chief DeRemer presented the August 2016 Piatt Township Police Activity Report. There were 58.70 patrol hours, 31 incidents and 30 speeding violations as well as 17 other citations and charges.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- The pipe & roadwork on Canoe Run Road, which was damaged in the DUI incident, is completed.
- At the building, they prepared a spot to place cold patch with the extra blacktop from a road job.
- Discussed the Ford 450 capacity and emergency brake issues.
- We received the invoice from Hammaker East LTD for tar & chip completed on Shingle Hollow Road, Geiler Hollow Road and Devil’s Elbow Road. The Supervisors are very happy with the work therefore Dean moved to approve payment, Dennis seconded, motion carried. The Supervisors decided to pay the total amount, $40,492.40, from the State account.
- Berms and cold patch repairs have been completed throughout the Township.
- Ditches on Geiler Hollow, Canoe Run and Nices Hollow Road need cleaned out. Dean is considering renting a trackhoe to complete this necessary task.
- A discussion regarding purchasing a 20+ ft. trailer to haul equipment, pipe, etc…. The Supervisors agree for Marco and Dean to look into various options. Will discuss further once options are presented.
- Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – 1 permit; Cheryl Henry
EMC & Fire – The Supervisors reviewed 2015 Audit Report from Citizen Hose Company of Jersey Shore as well as the June 2016 Call Report from Independent Hose Company.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
MS4 Update – Nothing new to report.
Correspondence File – Nothing new to report.
Larryville Schoolhouse Roof – Dean again presented the estimate of $8,700 from East End Lumber Company to remove and install new singles on the schoolhouse roof. Dean is certain he can get a better price and would like to move ahead with this project before the next meeting if possible. Scott made a motion to give Dean the authority to proceed with the roof replacement; with the stipulation that he gets a better price and calls around for Supervisors approval ahead of time, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:44 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis