GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
November 1, 2016
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Officer Gill
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the October 4 General Business Meeting minutes and October 19 Special Budget Business Meeting minutes, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Officer Gill presented the October 2016 Piatt Township Police Activity Report. There were 77.80 patrol hours, 22 incidents, 6 DUIs, 36 speeding violations as well as 16 other citations and charges.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- Dean instructed Shelly to order two loads of salt
- Valley Ag & Turf came and put the tractor on the computer; two sensors need replaced plus we are having trouble with the brakes & hydraulic system.
- F-450 is having clutch problems.
- Dean would like to have Pine Mountain Excavating come in and clean out the pipe at Thompsons’s (Geiler Hollow), and two pipes above Lou Sheddy on Devils Elbow Road that run to the stream need cleaned out in addition to one on Campbell Lane East.
- Richard & Dawn Powell’s driveway, 137 Campbell Lane, is still wreaking havoc to the road and with the neighbors. Dean is considering sending them an invoice for the work.
- Discussed PSATS random CDL alcohol test notice.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Nothing new to report.
EMC & Fire – Nothing new to report.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
MS4 Update – Nothing new to report.
2017 Budget – Scott moved to accept the 2017 Budget as presented, Dean seconded, motion carried. Shelly will advertise an open inspection to the public before final approval at the December meeting.
Correspondence File – As requested by the Supervisors, Shelly presented wage and benefits from PSATS & surrounding townships. To help them compare employee pay scales and benefits with those of similar townships.
Dean moved to transfer $3,500 from the General Account to the Building Fund, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to donate $1,000 to the Jersey Shore Public Library, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:12 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis