GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
July 5, 2016
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, July 5, 2016, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Bob Furman and Denny Buttorff
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – Dave Hines called and expressed his appreciation for the road work completed on Martin Road.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the June 7th General Business Meeting minutes, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Nothing new was reported.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- We received the invoice from Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. for paving completed on Martin’s and Devil’s Elbow Road. Dean recommended we hold payment till August to see how it sustains after a heavy rain.
- We order new mower blades from Montage Enterprises Incorporated.
- The berms on Martin’s and Devil’s Elbow Road are done.
- There was a DUI accident on Canoe Run Road which damaged a road pipe. The TVRPD requested an estimated cost to repair the damages from us to tack onto the other charges against the driver.
- Dean discussed vehicle maintenance required for the Mack and Ford.
- Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Nothing new to report.
EMC & Fire – Nothing new to report.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
Correspondence File – Shelly completed the Workers Compensation Audit.
MS-4 – Piatt Township is one of seven municipalities within Lycoming County that have recently been identified by PA DEP as requiring new MS4 permits (or waivers) for the next permit round. Township Engineer, Bob Furman with Larson Design Group was in attendance and updated the Supervisors on the current changes. The Supervisors agreed that Bob will continue to represent Piatt Township and pursue the MS-4 waiver.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Due to a conflict, the August meeting scheduled for Tuesday, August 2nd will be changed to Tuesday, August 9th. Shelly will advertise the change as required by the Second Class Township Code.
Scott moved to adjourn, Dean seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:25 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis