GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
October 4, 2016
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Chief Nathan DeRemer
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the September 6 General Business Meeting minutes, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Chief DeRemer presented the September 2016 Piatt Township Police Activity Report. There were 67.30 patrol hours, 1 aggravated assault, 31 other incidents and 26 speeding violations as well as 23 other citations and charges.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- Dean instructed Shelly to order salt first week in November.
- The Skid Steer needs a timing change and motor mounts. Dean will either take it to Dave Paulhamus or Columbia Crossroads, depending on who can repair by the time we need it.
- Dean has still not received the quote from Amos Lapp on the Larryville Schoolhouse Roof. Dean has checked with the Canton Historical Society and a black tin roof is acceptable. Dean is concerned about protecting the contents, he has asked Betty Neff to check into this concern and advise us on how to proceed. At the September meeting the Supervisors gave Dean the authority to proceed with the roof replacement; with the stipulation that he gets a better price and calls around for Supervisors approval ahead of time.
- The blue spruce trees around the Larryville School were discussed. Nothing definite was decided.
- The plow is on.
- The bucket on the John Deere needs a new cutting edge.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Nothing new to report.
EMC & Fire – The Supervisors reviewed an August 2016 Call Report from Independent Hose Company.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
MS4 Update – Nothing new to report.
2015 DCED Audit – Pat Verrastro has finally completed and submitted the 2015 DCED Audit. He included a very sincere apologize letter with an explanation for the late submission. The letter
2015 DCED Audit cont’d
explained once he knew he would be unable to meet the April 1, 2016 filing deadline he called the Department of Community and Economic Development in March to ask for an extension.
The individual he spoke with indicated that they do not give extension but that there were no adverse consequences in late filing. They simply would indicate the annual audit as not having been received. He further explained that his firm merged with another firm in December of 2015. He encountered several difficulties in interfacing tax, accounting and email programs. These difficulties resulted in him spending additional time to complete the normal work and put them behind in tax and audit engagements. In addition, they consolidated locations, the move required extensive renovation which the contractor fell behind on and he was unable to access most of the packed files until the renovations were complete. He is extremely embarrassed about the entire situation. Pat would be willing to conduct the 2016 audit for the same fee as the prior four years, if Piatt Township would be willing to continue to use his services. The Supervisors understood and agreed to retain Gearhart, Wienecke & Verrastro, PC for the 2017 DCED Audit.
Correspondence File – Shelly presented the 2016 bridge inspection report for Plank Road (T-361).
2017 Budget – The Supervisors will conduct a special budget session, along with any other township business on Wednesday, October 19 at 7:00 pm at the township building. Shelly will advertise as required by the Second Class Township Code.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis