GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
May 5, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Mark Deitrick, Shelly Davis
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the minutes from the April 7 General Business Meeting, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – The Lycoming County Planning Commission has granted final approval of a single-lot subdivision for R. Wayne & Dawn Brooks.
- Berm work completed on School House Road, Level Corners and Lime Kiln Road.
- Larry Brooks is interested in the fill material we have dumped at the building.
- The hitch needs replaced on the Ford 450.
- Dean acknowledged the recently purchase of a 2000 Gehl 6635 Skid Steer. All supervisors were consulted prior to the purchase for approval and unanimously agreed. According to the 2015 Purchasing Policy Guidelines, anything purchased between $1-$10,499 nothing is required. The 2000 Gehl 6635 Skid Steer was purchased for $9,900 from Hackenbergs Equipment Sales.
- Marco ordered bottom pins for the Skid Steer from Binkley & Hurst. He also received a price for a glass and frame enclosure.
- Mifflin Township has contracted with DeAngelo Brothers (former Interstate Road Mgt) to paint double yellow lines on their section of Canoe Run Road at a price of .14 cents per linear foot. They wondered if Piatt would be interested in having line painted on our section of the road. The Supervisors’ declined.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – 3 permits; Stephen & Tina Thompson, Richard & Cheryl Hartzel and Zachary & Courtney Mauck.
EMC & Fire – Independent Hose and Citizens Hose provided a March alarm & incident report for the Supervisors to review.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
Correspondence File –
- The Supervisors reviewed a Judicial Tax sale notice for 54 Losch Lane, Jersey Shore.
- Shelly updated the township’s eligibility requirements to participate in the Federal Surplus Property Program which enables us to acquire federal surplus property at a significant saving over purchasing new.
- SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority has completed work on the warning devices where Schoolhouse Road crosses the single track of rail.
2015 Road Project – The Supervisors discussed road conditions and reviewed a project estimate sheet, prepared by Don Free, for Young’s Road, Martins Road, Geiler Hollow Road and Devils Elbow Road. After some discussion and an enormous consideration of financial obligations, the Supervisors determined they would bid only the cut-outs on Geiler Hollow Road and the full depth reclamation project planned for Devils Elbow Road; motion made by Dean, seconded by Scott, motion carried. Shelly will advertise the projects as required by the Second Class Township Code.
2015 County Liquid Fuels Funding – Piatt Township is entitled to receive $1,976 of County Liquid Fuels Funding based on the municipal population/road mileage formula used in prior years. Dean moved to designate “2015 Paving Project” as this year’s project description, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills on the Bill List, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis