GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
March 3, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, March 3, 2015, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the minutes from the February 3 General Business Meeting, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – The Supervisors reviewed an add-lot subdivision plan for R. Wayne & Dawn Brooks. They had no comment.
- Marco found a slice in one of the grader tires. Dean advised him to fill it with epoxy.
- American Rock Salt has informed us that we have reached the maximum salt tonnage through our COSTARS 2014-2015 Salt Contract Participation Agreement and they will not be able to sell us any additional. Both Woodward and Anthony Township have road salt and have offered it to the Township if needed.
- The Supervisors discussed building and equipment maintenance and repair concerns.
- Both Dean and Marco have inspected a Flink VCT 11 Cinder Spreader with 2 hoppers being sold by Kevin Klopp. Kevin listed it as “used” but to Dean in is in “brand new condition.” Dean made a motion to purchase the Cinder Spreader for $1,000, Scott seconded, motion carried. NOTE: Payment included on February A/P (check #6267) in anticipation of approval.
- Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – The Central Keystone COG proposed an annual due of $250 be requested of the membership. The Supervisors had tabled the request in January & March and instructed Shelly to invite a representative from the Central Keystone COG to the March meeting. The Central Keystone COG informed Shelly that the annual due request is a dead issue because 100% approval from the membership is required and they will not acquire it.
Zoning & Building Permits – Nothing new to report.
EMC & Fire – Both Citizens and Independent Hose Fire Companies provided incident & alarm report for the Supervisors to review.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
2015/2016 Salt Contract – Based upon the discussion during the Road Master report, Dean moved that we increase our 2015-2016 COSTARS Salt Contract Participation Agreement from 80 tons to 100 tons, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Stone Bid – Stone Bids were received from Hanson Aggregates Pennsylvania LLC and P Stone Inc.
|TYPE||Hanson Aggregates Pennsylvania LLC
(Unit Price Delivered to Bldg.)
|P Stone Inc.(Unit Price Delivered to Bldg.)|
|2RC Sub Base||$9.75||$8.85|
|2A Sub Base||$11.00||$11.85|
|#57 Course Aggregate (#2B)||$14.50||$12.85|
|#8 Course Aggregate (#1B)||$17.50||$17.10|
|#1 Course Aggregate (#4)||$14.00||$13.85|
After reviewing the bids, Scott made a motion to award the 2015 Stone Bid to P Stone Inc., Dean seconded, motion carried.
Correspondence File –
- The PA Department of the Auditor General will be conducting an examination of the municipality’s Liquid Fuel Funds for the period of January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2013 on Wednesday, March 11.
- The 16th Annual WB COG Equipment Show & Training Day is Wednesday, May 20 at the Lycoming County Fairgrounds. Dean, Denny and Marco plan on attending.
- Penn DOT informed the Township of two planned resurfacing projects in Piatt Township for 2015; from Route 220 to West Line Road (SR 3011) and Pine Run Road (SR 3007 to Elbow Road (SR 3010). These projects are anticipated to be completed between the months of July through October 2015.
Truck Bid – After several discussions’ between Dean, Marco, Shelly and Don Free. A truck purchase advertisement and contract was prepared by Don Free. It has been advertised and bid according to the purchasing policy requirements. A special meeting to open the bids will be held Wednesday, March 18 at 12:00 noon.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis