GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
June 2, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, June 2, 2015, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Mark Deitrick, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Denny Buttorff
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the minutes from the May 5 General Business Meeting, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- Aikeys Body Shop recently completed electric work on the Ford F-450.
- Purchased a receiver hitch and brake box from Miller Motor Works for the Ford F-450.
- Rented a milling head from Best Line to complete road work on the Martins, Campbell Lane, Devils Elbow, Level Corners, Cement Hollow and Lime Kiln Road.
- Once the milling is completed, 19 mm blacktop will be placed in each section.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – The Supervisors acknowledged the notification letter from Scott A. Williams of his decision to leave the office of solicitor at which time as we find a suitable replacement. After much discussion, the Supervisors advised Shelly to contact three local attorney’s regarding their interest in representing the Township; Denise L. Dieter, Scott T. Williams and John A. Smay. If interested, they must prepare a letter of interest outlining their qualification and hourly rate for the Supervisors consideration.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Nothing new to report.
EMC & Fire – Citizens Hose provided an April alarm & incident report for the Supervisors to review.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
2015 Road Projects – The Township received two FDR/Paving bids. The bid results are as follows…
|Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc.||$109,106.75|
After review of the bids, Dean made a motion to award the FDR/Paving project to Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc., Scott seconded, motion carried.
Correspondence File –
- The Lycoming Planning and Community Development is updating the Lycoming County Comprehensive Plan at no cost to County municipalities. The update process will begin in September and take 15-18 months. Denny Rager volunteered to attend the meeting as the Piatt Township Planning Advisory Team representative.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills on the Bill List, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis