GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
August 9, 2016
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, August 9, 2016, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Denny Buttorff and Officer Fioretti
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – Dixie Brandt called to say thank you for mowing, what an absolute blessing and very, very, very much appreciated!
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the July 5th General Business Meeting minutes, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Officer Fioretti presented the July 2016 Piatt Township Police Activity Report. There were 78.80 patrol hours, 37 incidents and 14 speeding violations as well as 12 other citations and charges.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- We received the invoice from Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. for road work completed on Martin’s and Devil’s Elbow Road in July and held payment till August to see how it sustains after a heavy rain. The Supervisors are very happy with the work therefore Dean moved to approve payment, Scott seconded, motion carried. The Supervisors decided to divide the payment between three accounts; $47,500 from the State account, 5,000 from the General account and $4,323.50 from the Act 13 account.
- The pipe on Canoe Run Road which was damaged in the DUI incident has been replaced.
- Berms and cold patch repairs have been completed throughout the Township.
- Ditches on Geiler Hollow, Canoe Run and Nices Hollow Road need cleaned out. Dean is considering renting a traco to complete this necessary task.
- The Ford 450 may have a bad cylinder.
- Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – 2 permits; Steven & Constance Rice and Danial & Ramona Clinger.
EMC & Fire – Nothing new to report.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
MS4 Update – Piatt Township is one of seven municipalities within Lycoming County that have recently been identified by PAS DEP as requiring new MS4 permits (or waivers) for the next permit round. Township Engineer, Bob Furman with Larson Design Group continues to represent Piatt Township and pursue the MS-4 waiver. Bob keeps the Township up-to-date on his progress, via email, which is forwarded to Denny & Scott.
Correspondence File – Nothing new to report.
RESOLUTION #2016-12 “A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE TOWNSHIP OF PIATT PROVIDING FOR SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR THE 2016 BUDGET” – The Supervisors accepted Resolution #2016-12 which acknowledges receipt of and makes supplemental appropriations for funds received but not appropriated for in the 2016 budget with a motion by Dean, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Schoolhouse Roof – Dean presented an estimate of $8,700 from East End Lumber Company to remove and install new singles on the schoolhouse roof. No action was taken.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:36 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis